1. The following medications should be stopped prior to surgery.
• Plavix: 7 days prior to surgery
• Coumadin: 7 days prior to surgery. your INR level must be 1.2 or lower at least 2 days before your operation. If it is not 1.2 when pre-operative labs are drawn, we may ask you to have it drawn again to confirm it is within range.
• Effient: 10 days prior to surgery
• Regular aspirin, anti-inflammatories & oil vitamins: stop 1 week prior to surgery (7 days)
2. Do you have any medication allergies?
3. Do you normally urinate more than twice a night? (for men only)
4. Home care services:
You will meet with a social worker after surgery to arrange for visiting nurse services with physical therapy at home. our patients go home after surgery unless Dr. Ranawat specifically suggests transfer to in-patient rehabilitation.
Please contact Laura Jasphy (about one month prior to your surgery date) for questions regarding discharge care. Her phone number is: (646) 797-8266. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Her hours are from 11am-7pm, monday through friday (excluding holidays)
To obtain the time of your surgery, please call 212-606-1710 after 4pm on the business day before your surgery.
This post was written by drm